Nearby Beaches to Visit
Narragansett Town Beach
Just a short five to ten minute drive from our house is the town beach, which is probably one of the most beautiful beaches in New England with it’s view of the towers, public sculptures, big waves, and silky soft white sand. The town beach is a half-mile long public beach with two full-service pavilions featuring award winning lifeguards, food concessions, restrooms, first aid, and is handicap accessible. There are also rental cabanas, picnic areas, changing rooms, and a boardwalk for beach access. The beach has wonderful recreational programming, surfing lessons, volleyball leagues, aerobics classes, junior lifeguard program, musical concerts, sand castle contests, triathlons, yoga, a kite festival, and a pumpkin festival.
Scarborough State Beach
Drive a few more minutes south on 1A and you’ll find the Scarborough State Beach. This wonderfully popular beach has a newly constructed boardwalk, raised/covered observation areas, and a pavilion. It has a clean, sandy beach with moderate to heavy surf with the occasional strong undertow. It is excellent for body surfing or boarding.
Roger Wheeler and Salty Brine State Beaches
Roger Wheeler State Beach is located on Sand Hill Cove Road near Galilee. With waters sheltered by the Harbor of Refuge, Roger Wheeler State Beach has calmer waves that make it popular with families with small children. The large bathhouse has picnic tables and a playground for the kids and the parking is close, making loading and unloading a snap!
Salty Brine State Beach is a short stretch of sand adjacent to the breachway in Galilee. Formally known as the Galilee State Beach, Salty Brine has quiet waters that are great for kids as well. It is also a wonderful spot to watch the ships coming and going through the breachway.
Other Nearby Beaches
- Arcadia Pond State Beach, West Greenwich
- Atlantic Beach Park, Westerly
- Blue Shutters Town Beach, Charlestown
- Briar Point Beach, Coventry
- Burlingame State Park, Charlestown
- Carpenter’s Beach Meadow, South Kingstown
- Charlestown Town Beach, Charlestown
- East Beach, Charlestown
- East Matunuck State Beach, South Kingstown
- Goddard State Park, Warwick
- Gorton Pond, Warwick
- Kelley Beach, Bonnet Shores Narragansett
- Little Beach, Bonnet Shores Narragansett
- Little Pond, Warwick
- Misquamicut State Beach, Westerly
- Napatree Point, Westerly
- Ninigret Park, Charlestown
- North Kingstown Town Beach, North Kingstown
- Quonochontaug Beach, Charlestown
- South Kingstown Town Beach at Matunuck, South Kingstown
- Watch Hill Beach, Westerly
- Warwick City Park/Buttonwoods Beach, Warwick
- Westerly Town Beach, Westerly